Our Solar System
There are 9 PLANETS in our Solar System:
- Pluto (Now Pluto has been excluded)
- MERCURY is the nearest to the sun.it is the smallest and the hottest one.
- PLUTO is the farther from the sun.It is coldest one and farther from the earth also.
- JUPITER is the biggest one.It is 10 times bigger than th earth.
- VENUS is the nearst to the earth and the brightest one among the nine planets.
- MARS is the reddest planet.It is at the fourth place from the sun.
- SATELLITE means a thing that moves around a plant.Therfore are two type of Satellites: (A) Natural (b) Man-made.
|| No.of Satellites|
|Venus ||0 |
|Earth || 1 |
|Mars || 2|
|Jupiter || 16 |
|Saturn || above 22 |
|Uranus || 12 |
|Neptune || 8 |
The Sun In Brief
- The Sun is a star.
- It is 15 crore miles above the earth.
- The temperature on the sun is 6000 degree.
- It is the hottest possible ball.
The Moon In Brief
- It is a Natural Satellite.
- It is 3,84,000 miles above the earth.
- It is the nearest neighbour of the earth.
- It is about 1/4 of the size of the earth.